VAWA - HUD
In late 2016 HUD released a new Final Rule updating VAWA protections for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and sexual assault. These changes affect internal policies and procedures including the following:
- Tenant Selection Plans (Learn what needs to be included - and what doesn't)
- Preferences (for existing residents and applicants)
- House Rules (Learn what needs to be included - and what doesn't)
- Move-in (HUD 5380 and HUD 5382 must be provided to new residents)
- Rejection (HUD 5380 and HUD 5382 must be provided to rejected applicants)
- Unit Transfers (VAWA Emergency Transfers)
- Termination of Assistance/Tenancy (HUD 5380 and HUD 5382 must be provided)
- Eligibility of Remaining Household Members (when the eligible member is the alleged perpetrator)
HUD and Rural Development (USDA) issued guidance in early 2017. Now, state agencies are providing guidance for the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) property managers.
Join us to discuss how this rule affects your property operations.
Training materials are provided and should be printed before the training begins. Training is delivered via a training product called Go To Training. Students may participate via VOIP using computer speakers and microphone or the student may use the conference call option.
Instruction will include use of a Power Point presentation and illustration of sample forms, sample checklists and HUD guidance.
All questions can be submitted via text. Students who have a headset with a microphone may raise their hand and interact directly with the instructor. Students who use the call in number may interact directly with the instructor.
Class Fee: $175.00
Class Length: 2 Hours
RBD Online Training Workshops are hosted by GoToTraining. We must use the GoToTraining registration option to add students to each class. This means each student must register and pay separately. You may choose to pay by credit card or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to request an invoice. Each student must have a separate and unique email address. Class completion certificates are provided to all students who have registered, paid and participated in the online training.