COVID-19 Supplemental Payments
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released Notice H 2020-11 detailing the continued availability of funds for COVID-19 Supplemental Payments for PBRA properties under Section 8, 202, or Section 811 Programs.
COVID-19 Supplemental Payments (CSP) are available to help Owner/Agents “prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus.”
HUD has detailed the expenditures that will qualify for CSP reimbursement.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting common areas and property management offices as a preventative measure.
- Intensive deep cleaning and sanitization services in response to presence of COVID-19 cases at the property, which may include treatment in units undergoing the make-ready process, in addition to common areas.
- Office technology and other equipment needs to facilitate social distancing.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face masks and goggles, gloves, hand hygiene products for use by property management staff and for residents entering leasing offices or using common areas.
- Facility and equipment expenses related to maintaining adequate social distancing, including but not limited to cough/sneeze barriers or modifying or limiting access to communal spaces.
- Site control measures in support of shelter-in-place, stay-at-home orders, or visitor restriction policies within properties. (Please review HUD’s Multifamily Q&A for COVID-19 for additional information about visitor restrictions.).
- Temporary staffing, contract services, overtime pay, and/or supply expenditures to maintain or enhance on-going service coordination in properties designated to serve the elderly or persons with disabilities (excludes Service Coordinator positions funded by a Multifamily Service Coordinator Grant).
- Temporary staffing increases to process higher-than-normal volumes of interim tenant recertifications requested by tenants due to loss of income (includes overtime and new positions; excludes “hazard pay” bonuses).
You can read detailed information about COVID-19 Supplemental Payments in HSG Notice 2020-11 Continued Availability of Funds for COVID-19 Supplemental Payments for Properties Receiving Project-Based Rental Assistance under the Section 8, Section 202, or Section 811 Programs.
Requests can be made using HUD Form 52671 E COVID-19 Supplemental Payment Request.
HUD recently updated their “Tips for Completing HUD Form 52671” document which can be found at https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/Housing/documents/Tips_for_Completing_HUD_Form%2052671-E-November_23_2020.pdf.